Legal & Privacy Policies
THESE LEGAL AND PRIVACY POLICIES APPLY TO THE EMPLOYMENTLAWHQ.COM WEBSITE AND FAMILY OF WEBSITES (COLLECTIVELY “EMPLOYMENTLAWHQ.COM” OR “THE SITE”). YOUR USE OF THE SITE CONSTITUTES YOUR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT THAT YOU HAVE READ THESE POLICIES AND THAT YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEM. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH EMPLOYMENTLAWHQ.COM OR ANY PORTION OF THESE POLICIES, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SITE.
EmploymentLawHQ.com is an online portal that provides informational tools and publishes general information on commonly encountered employment issues. Although EmploymentLawHQ.com takes reasonable efforts to ensure that information available on the Site is accurate and useful, the information is not legal advice and is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up-to-date.
The self-help applications available on EmploymentLawHQ.com consist of pre-written rules. Such applications collect a series of user inputs and automatically generate pre-formulated informational outputs based on answer combinations programmed in advance by the application’s authors. Your inputs are not reviewed for completeness, the Site does not evaluate your circumstances to apply the law to the facts of your situation, assess the legal sufficiency of your circumstances, draw legal conclusions, or provide advice, opinions, or recommendations about your legal rights, remedies, defenses, options, forms, or strategies. There is no contemporaneous human involvement by EmploymentLawHQ.com officers, directors, employees or agents, or the application’s authors. The applications allow you to interact with pre-written code. If you need legal advice, you should consult a licensed attorney in your area.
NO WARRANTY. THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, AND ALL MATERIALS, DOCUMENTS OR FORMS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EMPLOYMENTLAWHQ.COM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
EMPLOYMENTLAWHQ.COM MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR THE MATERIALS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR ANY MATERIALS OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS, WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR IN RELIANCE ON THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
OBTAINING ANY MATERIALS THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND AT YOUR OWN RISK. EMPLOYMENTLAWHQ.COM SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, YOU WILL HOLD EMPLOYMENTLAWHQ.COM AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS HARMLESS FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, HOWEVER IT ARISES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES AND ALL RELATED COSTS AND EXPENSES OF LITIGATION AND ARBITRATION, OR AT TRIAL OR ON APPEAL, IF ANY, WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION OR ARBITRATION IS INSTITUTED), WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY CLAIM FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY VIOLATION BY ME OF ANY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS, STATUTES, RULES, OR REGULATIONS, EVEN IF EMPLOYMENTLAWHQ.COM HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. IF THERE IS LIABILITY FOUND ON THE PART OF EMPLOYMENTLAWHQ.COM, IT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THERE BE CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
EmploymentLawHQ.com may collect personal information about you, including but not limited to, your name, e-mail address, other information that could be used to identify you or contact you and information associated with any of the foregoing information (collectively "Personal Information"). In addition, the Site may collect information about your computer hardware and software, including but not limited to, IP addresses, browser types, domain names, access times and referring website addresses.
How We Use Your Personal Information
In general, EmploymentLawHQ.com uses your Personal Information to customize your Web experience, to collect statistics regarding the Site's use and to operate, maintain and improve the Site's services.
In particular, EmploymentLawHQ.com uses your Personal Information to:
- Provide you with customized information regarding your employment interests.
- Customize the types of advertising you see on the Site to your interests.
- Improve the content and layout of the Site.
- Statistically analyze user behavior on the Site
- Develop and improve the Site's content, products and marketing and promotions.
- Contact you via e-mail and/or postal mail to request feedback on the Site and/or to complete surveys.
- Send you additional products and services via e-mail and/or postal mail, including but not limited to personalized employee rights information and targeted advertising.
- Contact you via e-mail and/or postal mail regarding general and administrative information about your EmploymentLawHQ.com account.
Like most Web sites, EmploymentLawHQ.com accepts advertising and sponsorships. In the course of operating the Site's business, EmploymentLawHQ.com may:
- Provide your Personal Information to third-party service providers, such as companies that electronically send the Site e-mails and companies that provide security for the data that you share with the Site. EmploymentLawHQ.com strives to ensure that any third-party service provider to which the Site discloses Personal Information is contractually obligated to use such information solely for the purposes for which it was disclosed. However, these third-party service providers are independent companies over which the Site exercises no control and the Site is therefore not responsible for, and will not be liable for, third-party service provider actions, omissions or information handling or dissemination practices.
- Add your e-mail address to lists of advertisements that you have told the Site you no longer wish to see ("suppression lists").
- Merge your Personal Information with information regarding your activity on the Site(such as the types of articles you read on the Site) and/or information you provide in your responses to quizzes, surveys and questionnaires on the Site, in order to provide you with content and advertising and/or send you e-mails that are customized to your interests.
- Combine your Personal Information with outside records, such as postal data and other demographic data, to conduct research, improve the quality of the Site's services and to send you by postal mail printed employee rights and employment law information that may be of interest to you and that is sponsored by the Site's advertisers.
- Conduct and participate in market-research activities, including surveys. When you take part in such activities, we may ask you to submit Personal Information, such as health and lifestyle data about you and your family. Any resulting reports or analyses provided to advertising clients and partners do not contain Personal Information.
Check out our Free FMLA
Eligibility Advisor Here!